Thursday, December 17, 2009

1st Annual Boston Fashion Blogger Mixer







  I don't know about any one else but I definitely believe that everything happens for a reason, and that there are no coincidences. As a new Boston fashion blogger to the scene, I deem it very important that when opportunities arrive, that one must act on them quickly. My opportunity came when it so happened that I viewed Miss Neira's website, http://www.missneira.com/, and saw that this event, The 1st Annual Boston Fashion Blogger Mixer, was taking place. Luna Boston, a very chic, and cozy boutique on 205 Newbury Street in Boston, hosted the event on Saturday, December 12th, 2009 from 12pm-6pm.
Now that I decided to attend the event, the first and most important mystery I had to solve was this, what must a girl wear to such an event?

So, I ransacked my room in hopes of finding the "perfect" outfit, but to my dismay, I learned, that there is no such thing when one is running late! I decided to wear all black, which I thought was my safest bet, because I also had another engagement to attend, that required sophisticated attire. I am just entering this "game" and I am already in demand! (exasperated sigh). Anyhow, I wore gray printed tights (sheesh it was frrrrrrreezing, something like today, actually), and Brown BCBG boots that my sister scored for me at the outlet two years ago for only $9.00!! I had them for two years but yet never wore them, so I figured, why not right? But, for those who know me, know that I never leave the house without my large patent leather croc (faux) weekend bag from H&M (whether I am gone for a weekend, or just for a few hours, I never leave home without it). You may wonder why I am pictured above, in magenta velvet ballet flats? That is because I brought along to the mixer, two other pairs of shoes-the flats to walk to the event, and another black pair. So, I definitely came prepared! (those brown boots were off halfway through the event).

Once I get to the mixer, I am greeted by the hostesses with the mostest, Punky of http://www.punkystyle.com/ and Cassandra Knight of Closet Boston. I also met fellow bloggers Amy Palmacci, The Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire http://www.thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com/, Lei Ann, a shoe-nista: http://www.givemeplatforms.tumblr.com/, Julie O' Boyle http://www.orchidgrey.blogspot.com/, and Najeema, who gave me some wonderful tips: http://www.astylizedhysteria.com/ (I love Agyness Deyn too!).


It was such an honor to see Rebecca Minkoff's exclusive 2010 collection (which means it is not in stores yet and I was there, omg!!). I am holding one of her lovely creations in the pic above. There are some other pieces that I saw that were to-die-for! Her trends for this collection were lots of stud detail, blue leathers, braided leather, zippers and tie dye. There was a red studded leather hobo that I thought was very chic, for those who are afraid to wear bold colors but feel comfortable wearing colorful accents. A blue studded leather clutch and hobo that shared almost the same detail as the red hobo, but it also resembled the detailing on the tan leather speedy that I am holding (shout out to Joe Farese, Luna Boston's stylist for letting a novice like myself use his camera!)
Another hot accessory in RM's 2010 collection was this lemon yellow zippered clutch! If you would like to see pictures of these items, and are a member of Facebook, do become a fan of "Luna Boston" and the pictures from the event can be viewed there. Unfortunately, I was unable to load those pictures onto this particular blog, as I do honor copyright laws! Lastly, another favorite piece was a satin handbag by MZ Wallace, called "Velvet Storm" and rightfully named, because I was "caught up" in how beautiful that bag was.





Noteable mention: Hpnotiq was in attendance, serving some of the tastiest drinks and appetizing 7-layer dip I have ever tasted!





No comments: