Kate Moss, model, bad-birl, but more importantly, style icon. She sets trends rather than following them and defies any fashion rules. One rule she does abide by: "Rules are made to be broken."
While the rest of us were wearing booties, Kate opted for over-the-knee boots; while we coordinate our textures, Kate mixes hers. She love body hugging pieces from head-to-toe, while we alternate looser tops and bottoms with fitted ones.
Kate Moss is known for mixing cheaper items with more expensive ones. For example, she may wear a Top Shop tee with Members Only liquid leggings, Christian Louboutin pumps and Balmain leather jacket. As kate Moss states "the advice I now give-never wear a designer look from head-to-toe." So you will never see Kate rocking an entire Louis Vuitton ensemble.
Tips on how to achieve a Kate Moss-esque look:
- Don't be afraid of prints.
- Add plenty of flats to your wardrobe.
- Wear body-hugging leathers and other textures.
- Mix investment staples with cheaper items (Jimmy Choo shoes with Zara outfit and Burberry jacket).
- Follow your own trends. Don't be afraid to stand out.